Quotes of Dorothy Parker 
- The two most beautiful words in the English language are "Check enclosed".
- Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses.
- The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.
- I had thought, on starting this composition, that I should define what humor means to me. However, every time I tried to, I had to go and lie down with a cold wet cloth on my head.
- She runs the gamut of emotions from A to B.
- That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.
- This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.
- They sicken of the calm that know the storm.
- I might repeat to myself slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound - if I can remember any of the damn things.
- Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves.
- If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
[ 1 ]